Best chicken recipe I’ve ever made :)
It’s actually pretty easy!
You need about 2/3 hours to cook, but just about 15mn to prepare it:
– Chicken thighs (2/person) or Chicken drums (2/person) or chicken breasts (1/person) or a mix of all with enough for the number of people you are cooking for.
– 500mL Orange or Pineapple juice
– Rosemary (about 2 branches)
– a pinch of cayenne pepper or fresh chillies
– 1 Tspcoconut oil (but you can replace it with butter, oil or margarine)
1) Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan or a wok, and add the chicken. Cook it until brown.
2) Add the juice and 250mL of water, the rosemary of the cayenne pepper or Fresh chillies finely sliced. Ensure the liquid covers the chicken entirely
3) Cover with a lid and slow cook for 2-3 hours
What to do in these 2-3 hours:
– work (if like me you work from home every now and then)
– Go for a walk (make sure you leave enough liquid so it doesn’t burn!)
– read a book, sing along your favourite album, do a yoga session on youtube…
– Get on with your life!
4) If you have enough sauce left, you can add pasta, rice, couscous or quinoa to make the sides as tasty as your chicken. Alternatively you can also add fresh vegetable such as carrots, potatoes, green beans, courgettes or pepper to the mix and use it as a side.
IF like me, you have made double the amount you really needed, you can add mascarpone or creme fraiche as well as soya sauce to make it a different meal the next day
Let me know how you find it, and feel free to send some pics