Express fish and veg recipe for Microwave or Oven
What you need:
– white fish fillet (1 per person or 1/2 per person depending on the fish)
– vegetables that can cook as fast as the fish, in a steamed way (carrots, mangetout, courgette…)
– onions/garlic/shallots (all or either)
– herbs (aneth, parsley, tarragon, thyme, chive… ) choose which ones you like best
– 1 to 2 lemons (depending on how many fillets)
If you have a microwave:
– chop the vegetables and the onions/garlic/shallots into small pieces and lay half in a microwaveable dish.
– put the fish on top
– squeeze the juice of the lemon on the fish and slice the rest to lay it on top of the mix.
– cover with the rest of the vegetables
– add salt, pepper and herbs
– add a 5mm to 1cm layer of water so that the fish and vegetables do not dessicate.
– cover the dish with a lead or plastic film (with holes) and put it in the microwave for 10 to 20mn depending on the quantity of fish, full heat.
– when you get it out, check that the fish is well cooked or add an additional 2-5mn on top.
With an oven:
Take an oven dish and cover it with Foil. Lay the fish and vegetables the same way as for the microwave version and add a little less water.
Close the foil so that the steam will stay within.
Cook at 180 Degrees Celsius for about 30-40mn and check that the fish is well cooked.
You can either serve it as is after taking out some of the water, or take out the water and add a mix of creme fraiche (can be replaced with yogurt) and curry on top.